Tuesday, December 8

Oh Snap, the In-Laws are Coming

Today I had a stroke of genius. I had no idea that something so simple could turn into such a great solution. There is clutter all over the house and not enough storage to put it anywhere. Bins and boxes, toys, clothes, computers, electronics, and art supplies are just scattered about haphazardly and I do not have enough storage to put it anywhere to make the rooms look tidy.

While I was shoving a box into a shelf in the closet, a roll of Christmas wrapping paper from last year hit me in the head. That was the moment it all came together. I ran into the garage and looked for boxes. I wrapped shoe boxes and hat boxes and filled them with the clutter that had been such an eyesore for so long. I decorated the boxes with ribbon and made sure to wrap the tops separately so they could be used as storage and strewn about the house as merry Christmas decorations.

I know it is a temporary fix, but my house has gone from cluttered to Christmasy in an afternoon, and no one knows that the "presents" all over the house are actually storage bins that bring a smile to my face and a little piece of sanity.
Share
|






No comments:

Post a Comment