Tuesday, September 1

502 Server Error: The Day Gmail Failed

Gmail. My personal email. I knew this would happen one day. I should have learned my lesson after watching Fight Club. It got me thinking about what I would do if I lost all my cell contacts, and every centilla of important digital information was completely wiped out too, like in my email, Facebook, Myspace, blog, and if my computer spontaneously combusted on top of that.  It would take weeks to rebuild all the contacts, and all of the personal data, for all intensive purposes, had not been backed up and was ALL on my computer, so it would be irreplacable.  I can take this a step further by imaging all cell service being suspended (who has a land-line these days?) and that all lines of communication were down period. What would I do?

If all forms of industrialized communication just ceased to exist and all I had were the people around me, would I be happy? I think so. Most of the people I am closest with are within a hundred mile radius, so It would not be that hard to reconnect with them. There are obvious exceptions, of course.  I like where I live, what I do and the friends I have. If there were a zombie attack, these people would be right by my side with stolen shotguns, blasting music through the streets and fighting to the death!

It is a tad bit lame that Gmail going down led me to ponder this, but it posed a question that I hadn't thought of in a while. As I was thinking about how to end this last bit, "Do I Have Your Attention,"  by The Blood Arm started playing. "Let me know you're still alive," are lyrics in the song that made it so appropriate and relevant when it came on.  My attention has to be on me to make sure I am on the path to bliss. I am always where I need to be. The Kooks couldn't have said it any better.






Share
|




No comments:

Post a Comment